Schibli Stedman King is looking for Staff Accountants to join our team. These are great positions for candidates looking to pursue a career in accounting who have strong problem solving and analytical skills. As a candidate, you are ready to handle a wide range of responsibilities at our progressive firm. This is an excellent opportunity for someone that is pursuing a career in a collaborative work environment.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Preparation of review engagements
- Preparation of compilation engagements
- Preparation of corporate, personal and trust tax returns
- Preparation of excise tax returns
- Monthly and quarterly bookkeeping
- Assistance on special projects and tasks
- Demonstration of analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding client service skills
- Team player with a positive and helpful attitude
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work extended hours during demanding times of the year
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with other industry software is a bonus but not required (ex. Caseware, Doc-it, Tax Prep)
The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving and analytical skill, be detail oriented, systematic, personable and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
This is a full-time positions in our downtown Victoria office. Mentoring and training will be provided. Competitive compensation and benefits package offered based on the candidates experience Our firm is an approved Chartered Professional Accountant Training Office. These positions will be available for individuals seeking either the Expanded Experience option with a focus on Taxation or the Assurance based requirements of the CPA designation.
To learn more about this opportunity please send your resume as either a Word or PDF document to email@example.com. Please note in your application or email which Job Posting (Full time or Coop) you are applying for, when you are available to start and include a copy of your un-official transcripts. Due to the high volume of resumes received, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you!