You will be responsible for supporting the firm’s desktop and remote computing environment – ensuring its continuous availability and reliability so the business can rely on IT equipment and services. In addition, you will be expected to participate in shaping, implementing and following established best practices. Interaction with the firm’s partners and staff, as well as external technical support groups will be an essential function of this role. Client service is considered of the highest priority.
Technical Support (70%)
- Provide hands-on IT technical support to all end users.
- Provide 1st level support for all mobile smart phones.
- Participate in the rollout of new technology.
- Liaison with external technical support.
- Assist with all infrastructure technologies installed, including PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, etc.
- Manage assigned incident and support request tickets.
- Assist with onsite server support.
- IMACS (installations/moves/adds/changes).
- Continuously look to improve and evolve the operation of deployed IT solutions.
- Address escalations and complaints, involving coordination of resources to prevent recurrences and potential impact on facility operations.
- Decommissioning/disposal of IT equipment, when necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the firm.
Administrative Support (15%)
- Write process and training documentation as requested.
- Provide regular reports as required enabling IT services to be managed effectively.
- Enter problems into ticketing system, resolving and closing calls. Escalate and track the resolution of issues, and conduct follow-up.
- Provide testing and reporting results of testing conducted on new applications and/or changes to existing applications.
- Maintain accurate and complete up-to-date software and hardware inventory records.
Special Projects (15%)
- Participate in the delivery of application project activities. Act as a subject matter expert (SME) with respect to assigned systems and/or functions.
- Research, plan and assist with special projects as assigned by the firm.
- Assist in designing and maintaining template spreadsheets and documents
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Information Technology (or equivalent work experience and/or certificates).
- Three or more years of experience providing Help Desk and/or Field Support in a professional services or corporate environment.
- Highly proficient with computers and their associated hardware and software components.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Teams and Zoom would be an asset.
- Expertise using recent versions of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office 365, and Remote Desktop environments.
- Experience and working knowledge of various mobile devices and tablets.
- Experience working in a Technology Support role supporting accounting specific applications within an accounting environment would be a definite asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong team player with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to multi-task various priorities.
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- Availability to work overtime, when necessary.
- Availability to provide on-call after-hours support, when necessary.
This is a full time position in our downtown Victoria office. Compensation will be at market rates based on the candidates experience and we also offer a competitive benefits package for our employees. We look forward to adding another valuable individual to our already talented team.
To learn more about this opportunity, please send your resume and list of references as either a Word or PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.